- All documents relating to transport, accommodation or other services and facilities (hereinafter referred to as ‘The travel service’) and are issued by or on behalf of Go Tours Travel (hereinafter referred to as ‘the company’) only as agents for each of the concerns with whom the company may make arrangements for its clients (hereinafter referred to as ‘the principals’) and are issued subject to these terms and conditions.
- The company shall not be liable for cancellation of journeys, deviations, delays, or the failure to provide seat, berth or facilities for carrying or storing luggage or for the failure to provide accommodation.
- The company is not liable in the event of any alteration or change of any kind made by any of the principals in respect of travel services following the acceptance of any booking and clients are responsible for any increases in charges.
- The client is responsible for re-confirming flights. The company (both for itself and on behalf of its servants and agents) does not accept any responsibility for any act omission, default or neglect of itself, its servants and agents for death, injury, damage or loss to persons or goods whatsoever and howsoever the same may be caused.
- Although the company will always endeavour to give the most up-to-date information to you our valued client, the company does not warrant and is in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given or statements made by its servants, agents or those given or made by the principals their servants and agents.
- Tickets, bookings, and reservations will only be negotiated by the company upon lodgement of the completed booking form and upon payment of a deposit which will be accepted in part payment of the total cost to be incurred by clients, but receipt of a deposit does not constitute acceptance of any booking. The balance of the total cost is to be paid to the company no later than 45 days prior to departure (or such later date as shall be specified in writing by the company)/. Failure by a client to pay the said balance by the due date will entitle the company to cancel the bookings made on its behalf of such client whereupon the deposit paid by the client shall be forfeited to the company. Late payments and/or bookings received 21 days prior to departure will incur a late booking fee of $30.
- Any cancellations made by a client must be in writing and the client shall be responsible for all expenses incurred by the company in respect of making the booking and cancelling the same and for all payments, which the principals may lawfully require by reason of the cancellation.
- The company further reserves the right to deduct the following cancellation fees from any monies paid by the client in the event of a cancellation of that client. (i) The complete deposit is non-refundable. (ii) If the written cancellation is received by the company not later than 45 days prior to departure the complete deposit is non-refundable, and a 50% cancellation fee applies to all tours booked with the company. (iii) in the event that the written cancellation is received by the company within 45 days of the departure date the company shall not be obliged to refund any monies whatsoever. Monies paid out to travel service suppliers are subject to cancellation fees set by the services.
- The company reserves the right to modify any arrangements required by or made on behalf of clients and to cancel the same without notice. In the event that the company arranges bookings on behalf of clients wishing to take advantage of such rates are less than the minimum number specified by the company then the company shall in its sole discretion be entitled to cancel the travel services arrange on behalf of the group of clients whereupon all monies paid to the company, after deduction of fees and expenses referred to in clause 6 hereof, shall be refunded to the clients.
- Tour costs: tour costs are based on land costs, airfares and currency rates as are current at time of quoting/booking. We reserve the right to amend such prices, without notice, prior to the departure of any tour should any fluctuations in currency, ours or airfares occur.
- If a person signs a booking form on behalf of another person, he/she warrants that he/she has the consent of the other person and he/she personally accepts all terms and conditions of this booking form.
- Travel insurance is mandatory.
- Refunds: refunds are not available for tours, accommodations or any other services not utilized.
- Costs included in holiday price: inclusions for each package are as per package inclusions in the itinerary.
- Costs not included in holiday price: baggage, personal spending money, travel insurance (unless specified), airport departure taxes (unless specified), passport and inoculation costs.
- Please make sure you have 6 months validity on your passport from the returning date of your holiday.
- Visas are the responsibility of you, the client. If you are in doubt as to whether you will require a Visa, please be sure to ask us. If you would like us to assist with Visa application, a fee of $25 may be charged.
- I agree to receive e newsletter about new and exciting offers relating to my trip knowing I can cancel at any stage.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION including COVID 19.
- Consumer funds do not sit with the travel agent. The consumer pays for the booking with the travel agent who then pays the supplier (airline, hotel, tour operator etc) in order for the ticket or booking to be confirmed. It is the end supplier and not the travel agent who holds the funds.
- The terms and conditions set by the supplier (airline, hotel, tour operator etc) determine whether the consumer receives a refund or a credit on COVID impacted travel
- The decision as to whether it’s a refund or a credit is decided by the third-party supplier’s contract with consumers and not travel agents (AFTA deputy chair).
- The process of securing credits and refunds on a global scale has become more complicated and complex, taking weeks and months with differing supplier terms and conditions. In addition to this, some countries have placed rules on end suppliers not allowing refunds to leave their country.
Kerin Mates Starr is a home based travel consultant with:
Go Tours Travel, 2/33 Dominions Rd
Ashmore, QLD, 4214 Australia